As the first semester of my senior year is coming to an end, it’s hard not to look back on the past 4 years of high school and wonder if I’ve really been living in the moment or enjoying high school while I’ve been here. In my last semester of I high school, I hope to enjoy every second so that I have no regrets when I graduate.
- Spend more time with friends. As this is the last semester where I’ll see these people who’ve been there for me since I was as young as five. It’s weird to think that after we graduate, I’ll only see them during holidays and the summer. I definitely put school and sports before a social life, which I’m not going to change in semester two, but it’s important for me to make time to spend with friends when I can, because I don’t have much longer to spend time with them every weekend.
- Go to sporting events. I already have to go to boys basketball games for cheer, and they’re so fun. However, there are still so many sporting events I’ve never attended or have only attended a few times. For example, because of my busy schedule, it’s been hard for me to make it to girls basketball games, which I’d like to attend because a few of my close friends are on this team, and they’re very good this year. Also, I’ve never even been to a baseball game during high school, which is sad in my eyes.
- Go to all school functions, *and enjoy them*. I always go to all the school dances, but I don’t always have fun. It’s very hard for me to let loose, so I hold back and don’t really dance like I’d want to in fear of embarrassment. For the rest of senior year, I want to not have a care in the world at dances and other senior year festivities.
- Do my best to get closer with classmates I’m not as close with. At the beginning of the year, I went to an away football game with some people who I don’t normally hang out with, and it was one of the most fun nights ever. Sometimes hanging out with the same people, although you love them, can get to be repetitive. Sometimes you don’t realize how much you have in coming with or get along with a person until you step outside of your comfort zone and hangout with someone new.
- Enjoy weekends. Every weekend I always end up finding some chores that need to be done, homework that I can get ahead on, or skills that I could work on for my sports outside of practice. Soon enough, I won’t see my friends everyday, and I’ll be living somewhere new, most likely experiencing homesickness at least once. I want to absorb as much of what southeastern Connecticut has to offer before I go to college. I’ve always loved photography, and I don’t even take advantage of the beautiful beaches we have near us, or the beautiful hikes. Weekends should be a time for fun and relaxation, not work, like I’m doing.